Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerWolf

Command & Conquer (Red Alert)

Hi!

Can anyone explain to me, how to install C &C 2 Red Alert (deutsch Alarmstufe Rot) ?

If I want to install, there is a fault-box like Setup Initilization Error without any text in it.

If I want to use apcompat.exe like explained in the games-section, it won't start at all.

Can anyone explain, how to install it ???

Thanks, DER WOLF

Quote:
Originally posted by DerWolf:
Hi!
Can anyone explain to me, how to install C &C 2 Red Alert (deutsch Alarmstufe Rot) ?

If I want to install, there is a fault-box like Setup Initilization Error without any text in it.
If I want to use apcompat.exe like explained in the games-section, it won't start at all.

Can anyone explain, how to install it ???

Thanks, DER WOLF

Hi, WOLF

Ich habe das selbe Problem, dieses Kompatibilitäts-Programm zieht bei mir auch nicht (muß es mit dem Task-Manager abbrechen).

Wollt ich nur mal gesagt haben

Hey Silencer, Would you please be kind enough to post your reply in english. That way if anyone else has has the problem they will know what to do.

Thanks smile

------------------

DarkWolf

As I walk through the Darkness and the Shadows of the Night, you should be wary as you are never out of my sight.

OK here is a translation!

Hi, Wolf

I have the exactly the same Problem with installing Red Alert!! Everytime I try to start the setup-program with the appcompat.exe it does nothing (I have to press STRG ALT + ENTF to finish this tool with the Task-Manager!).

OK, someone can help?

Anyone know how to get C&C and C&C Red Alert running in 2k?

I'd like to know how to get it running as well.

I really don't want to have to setup a dual boot just so I can play my favorite games

Hello

Alarmstufe Rot doesnt work on Windows XP ... what can i do!!!

my system runs under NTFS but i have a patition with FAT32 ...

Okay, filesystem doesn't matter so forget about that.

Is it a DOS or Windows game?

If Windows then IIRC there is a patch available from Westwood to get the game to work but unfortunately it disables networking.

I believe that the only way to get the game to work fully is to use either Microsoft Virtual PC or Vmware without the IPX patch!!!!!

You may also try the DOS ver with Dosbox but I haven't tried that method yet.