Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EEMeltonIV

Force Commander?

The main NT Compatible page has a posting saying Force Commander doesn't work under Win2K. Ignoring for a moment the fact that the fella was likely either using a Beta or pirated copy (game just went gold this week), which thus makes any tests questionable at best, and the problem seemed to be video only, has anyone else here had a more-positive experience with FC on Win2K? I guess I'm looking for a little positive reassurance here, hehe.

[This message has been edited by EEMeltonIV (edited 09 March 2000).]

Sorry to say...Today I got my hands on a ISO version of the final release. I'm using Voodoo 2, and have the same problem except the screen isn't white, it's multicoloured garble. Works fine in 98

I'm pretty sure that this is the version Lucas Arts will be shipping.

BTW, I fully intend to buy the full product once in stores, but I've been waiting so anxiously and couldn't wait smile

[This message has been edited by Jabba (edited 10 March 2000).]

Jabba - you say you have a Voodoo 2. Has LucasArts broken away from the norm (for them) and offered 3D support other than D3D (for their more mainstream games)? Does it support Glide? If not, are you using 3dfx's multimonitor D3D only drivers (which I would imagine are pretty suspect), or the "hacked" drivers that don't support D3D?

What is your primary video card? Does it happen to have D3D support under W2K?

I'm just curious because I also have the Voodoo 2 and have determined that it is probably the worst 3D card out for W2K (due to the driver situation).

If u dl/ed the ISO of the warez group MiNiMe so, ur version is a beta version... Everyone know that...