Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kailinin

novell

hi found a novell client for linux, installed it but when i enter ther network settings (tree, context, server, username, password, mountpiont) it tells me that it cant mount, anyone got any ideas on this?

solved my problem - when i installed it it asked for the closest distribution to mine and i chose red hat install, (the other option was debian install) so when i chose the debian install it works fine.

i did have nfs installed.

Hey, I was just glad you got it to work. I'm using mainly Windows machines on my Novell network, alongside NetWare servers.

Most of my Linux-ing is done at home. Web servers, firewalls, and the like.

currently running mandrake, on a network of netware servers and windows workstattions. so if thats what you mean then i guess i am.

Well sort of, I'm wondering how the linux (pick your flavor) interacts with the other windows work stations and the server. What are the services I need to install in order to be fully interoperative with both? (Soime of the windows boxes are in a work group - mostly mine)

ok well i'm running mandrake 9.1 at work, with the windows workstations mostly being 2000.

i loaded samba for the windows part, and then for novell i loaded ncpfs, and a novell client for linux (the link is in the above posts). i've also got linneighborhood installed.

hope this helps.