Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prk

Quake2 setup on W2K. Not?

Trying to install Q2 on fresh W2K Pro. (No

upgrade from w9x). All I get is this warning:

"This version of Quake will not install on this language version of Windows 95/NT. To find out if version localized for

your operating system is available for purchase, please contact your local

Activison office"

What's going on?

Heeelp!

smile

My god this one takes the cake! hehe smile

"This version of Quake will not install on this language version of Windows 95/NT. To find out if version localized for

your operating system is available for purchase, please contact your local

Activison office"

hahahahaha Ok I better stop smile First, did you do a clean format of your drive? Second, this isn't correct at all. I can install Quake I to Quake III without any problems at all! Tell me your system config and what CD-ROM you are using SCSI, IDE, etc.

This has been a "known issue" ever since the release of Q2.

You have to set the "region" of the OS to be "USA" in order for the Us edition of Q2 to install.

Tried that several times already.

No work! Thx anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by YuppieScum:

This has been a "known issue" ever since the release of Q2.

You have to set the "region" of the OS to be "USA" in order for the Us edition of Q2 to install.

Quake2 install work fine for me !

I can play Quake 2 but when I play add-ons games like deadlode and action Quake. My system crash and reboot !?!??!

Someone has this prob too ?

My specs

P3-600

Asus P3B-f

196 Meg Pc-133

18.1 Gig Western Digital 7200Rpm

Guillemot Geforce 256 32 meg Sdr

Sblive

Thanks WareWolf

Installing Quake 2 under Win 2000 - no problem. Go into control panel, select Regional options. Ensure that the local location under the general tab is set to which ever country your living in - or that this setting matches the location where you purchased Quake 2 (note to ensure that you don't run into various problems with conflicting regions etc. this should be the same as where you live, but if you bought abroad well....)

Next click the Input Locals tab. Check that there is only one keyboard input language installed (again matching where you got your copy of Quake 2)- delete any others. Ensure that this is set to default input language - click on set as default.

Finally click on ok. Reboot when prompted. Quake 2 should now install without hitch