Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vater Rahl

Q3 Arena on Win2000, need Hardware Masta

Hi there,

i have a Gforce CT6941 and installed the newest Win2000 driver. In Win i have 100HZ and my monitor is installed correctly.

When i start Q3 or any other Gl-game, the Gforce always switch to 60 HZ, whats wrong

:-(((.

Vater Rahl

Hi

Look through the board the answer is in here, i've seen it quite aew times. the common solution is to go into dxdiag (from the run optin in start menu) and then override *something* i've forgotten what its called, i thinks its on the last tab. just look for an 'override' button, then select the desired hz. sorry for the vague description but i'm not on my home computer, but if you just look through this board, using the SEARCH feature you should find your answer better explained.

That override is for dx based games, NOT q3 as it's openGL. You can specify your refresh rate in an autoexec.bat file for q3 or in the console.

set r_displayRefresh 85

or

set r_displayRefresh "85"

before you (re-)install the driver, edit the nv4_disp.inf

look for the lines for nv10. change the refresh rates so that there is only 100hz in it.

make sure you keep the wrong format, i.e. all the '100's must be under ... errrr ... my english sucks :P

just look into the file, you will see what i mean. if not ... lemme know smile

regards

Look into the Hardware forum for hardware prob :P. This prob has been answered many times in both games and hardware forum.

Awx