Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MAC

Fifa 2000 patch is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But before you all get excited it does not work for me although i have seen a difference, before i installed the patch when i ran fifa it crashed and froze on the black screen and when i pressed ctrl alt and delete in the task menu i saw fifa not responding and a error.

since installing the patch it loads up gets to the black screen and just cuts off back to desktop with no error displayed so i am hoping this means i have anouther problem besides it being fifa.

right i am gonna need help on this i whent to alot of trouble getting this patch for you guys and so i would really appreciate some feedback if you try this patch and your game works pleas let me know then i know to look somewhere else for my problem (by the way this is an official patch yes there was a fake sometime ago but this is direct from EA so i really do think this will work as i said it has done something to my game, but will it work, well i dont know.

Right i have uploaded the patch onto my x-drive account so e mail me for my user name and pass and you can download it freely.

but as i said pls give me some feedback on this i would really appreciate it

thanks guys!

cheers

------------------

MAC

You say its a patch. From where exactly? EA Sports? They have no mention of it on their site. They do have an older, huge commentary patch.

And how do you know the patch in your posession actually IS for the Win2k problem?

Hi mate i i see what you are saying but my mate knows the poeple at EA well and he got it direct from them, he has tried it and said it works for him under win 2000 i did not have as much luck as you can see above but it is direct from EA it says EA canada all over the patch mate.

------------------

MAC

Let me know the password etc etc and I'll give it a try, my system is pretty clean.

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

FU*K EA they are by far the worst games developer company about, they ripp us off time and time again releasing the same game every year (or 3 times a year) with a new name or an extra number Fifa 99 Fifa 2000 etc etc o.k i have just played superbike world Championship 2000 and yes it looks stunning and plays stunning but could EA be arrsed to make in win 2k compatible no of course they could not that would go against the **** off the gamers tradition and will EA release a patch for windows 2000 that works no of course not they will make us wait and pay for Fifa 2001 and superbike 2001 well bolocks EA give that f**king license to another company and let them make a game we all know is possible with a bit of feedback from us the gamers and we also will maybe get the support we deserve after paying £30 for the god damm game

well thats it i cannot end this letter with i am not going to buty anouther EA game ever again as i want that license and no other game can compete with that but what i am gonna say is until EA make a game i think is worthy of me paying £30 for (Football) then i will download the FUC*ING game and ripp them bast**ds off.

bye guys

------------------

MAC

Well the patch didn't work, and its the same file size as the one I tried.

I don't think EA are going to do anything about it.

I remember when Fifa 98 was out and it took them forever to do anything about the Voodoo2 problem with it crashing at half-time.

Why can't EA simply say yes or no that a patch is in the works. If they did that, then fine, but with no answers, its getting very, very stupid.

Just my 2 cents

evil Homer

I agree with most of this.

EA are ripping us off....

Of all the games I've tried to get working in W2K, EA are by far the worse...

Its not OK that newer EA games are not being patched or new release games don't work with W2K.

It wasn't as if W2K was some big secret.. EA could have done something weeks before W2K was released.

As for SuperBikes 2000. Well, if anyone from EA is reading this... F**K you too..!!!

A total waste of time EA are.

My advice.. Stick with W2K. If the product doesn't work with your O/S, then F**K it...

But don't give up on a really decent O/S (the best MS has ever produced) because of tossers like EA..!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm just firing off an email to EA (Like they're going to answer it, but at least I can say I tried) about compatibility between its titles and Microsoft software.

I have actually now managed to get two recent EA Sports titles working under Windows 2000. The first being NHL 2000, and FA Premier League Manager 2000. Both work fine, although NHL 2000 is a little slow.

As I stated earlier, I have no problem if EA were to clarify the situation, by stating that "NO, FIFA 2000 will not work under Win2k and we intend to do nothing about it", but while they piss around and not say anything, the number of disgruntled customers out there is going to grow and grow. Its not just Fifa 2000, what about Superbikes 2000? Tiger Woods PGA 2000 (Or whatever its called), all big licenses.

EA have been the worst so far in terms of compatibility.

evil Homer

------------------

"Screw you guys... I'm going home!"

i don't like ea that much either, i've always had problems with there games, i borrowed a friends cd to try a game, fifa soccer 98 or something like that, i couldn't even play it, it kept freezing on my ati xpert 98 card. i've never had problems with any other games, just that one game, even unreal tournament runs (fine <g> ) with this card, and its a pretty heavy game

dear Mac old boy,

It doesn't matter how well your friend knows the people at EA. Your friend could sleeping with their prez for all i care!

I don't care if it says EA Canada all over the patch. Just cuz its from EA doesn't mean it fixes the FIFA 2000 problem...jeez man.

They have NOT yet put out any such patch! Doesn't matter what your "special" friend says.

(Oh and by the way, a friend of mine says that Bill Gates is only worth a couple of hundred dollars)

Quote:
Originally posted by MAC:

Hi mate i i see what you are saying but my mate knows the poeple at EA well and he got it direct from them, he has tried it and said it works for him under win 2000 i did not have as much luck as you can see above but it is direct from EA it says EA canada all over the patch mate.