Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scheherazade

setwin95.cmd in 2000

Wow, ok, so does this meant hat all those "This game does not run in NT" prompts should go away and games should run just fine?

Like, for example, will System Shock 2 stop refusing to run in high detail in win2000?

Because that -lgNtforce command makes it run with basic Dx extensions, meaning that it's 640x480 with rather dull graphics and terrible visual artifacts.

Also, I haven't used setwin95.cmd before.

I run it using: (?)

[typed at prompt? c:\ ? ]

" title.exe setwin95.cmd "

or was it

" imagecfg.exe setwin95.cmd "

the FAQ is vaigue as to exactly what to do.

Also, does it have to be run before a program? Or with the program (as in a batch file starting both the program and the image). Or is it like a TSR (It works while running, and i can terminate it whenever).

Or is it a permanent change to the actual OS?

-scheherazade

There's a file somewhere on the Win2k CD (forgot exactly where, i made a backup to my hard drive so i could easily find it) it's like 14K.. called apcompat.exe

you run it, select the program that's misbehaving, and you can choose what operating system to report to the program in addition to doing a few other things that may make it work. Try it.. if you cant find it on the CD (or if im smokin crack and i got it somewhere else) email me @ gpx69@hotmail.com and i'll fire it off to ya.