Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pure3D

Wierd distorted sound problem in Q3A!?!??!

Wierd distorted sound problem in Q3A!?!??! Just bought me a fresh copy of Q3A. The sound is messed up. It's like a loud humming vibrating noise. When I walk around in the game, it gets worse. When I fire, it gets worse too. For some reason, this happens with every level. I'm running the latest win2k with the latest v3's 2000 control panel 1-26-00 driver with my sound card drivers all up to date. No problems at all with any other hardware software except Q3A has a wierd distorted vibrating noise.

Anyone help? thanks.

maybe u should tel us what sound card you have and not video card?

try changing the quality of the sound via the meus in q3a, they may yield some answers.

At least i'm not the only one having this problem. I have installed q3a on two different computers. the first one is a dual p2450 256mb ram, voodoo 3 3k, and a sounsblaster live using the default wdm drivers. oh and all of these computers are running win2k 2195. The second computer is a celeron 300a at 504 using a soundblaster awe 32, and a voodoo 3 and matrox g200. I get those damn strange noises on both computers. it sounds like a vibrating type thing but its real loud and real annoying, but it only happens when i'm walking which makes me think that a sound file is screwd up, but I have no clue how to fix it. please help frown