Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
StarCrackHead

StarCraft W2k Not Ok

I'm having problems with Starcraft/Broodwar running properly on a LAN. I manually set the IPX/SPX frametype to 802.3. I've got two Win98SE clients and one iMac, playing Multiplayer LAN StarCrack using IPX was not a problem with NT 4.0 Server. But with W2K Server(Build 2195) it seems to stop and start, affecting ALL the clients regardless of which is actually HOSTING the game. And though the iMac can SEE the game when it's hosted on the W2K box, it can't seem to connect to it. Has anyone else encountered anything to this effect?

Thanks for reading

StarCrackHead

Yes sir the same thing happens to me. I set up a spawn on my win2kbox and when I try to play a lan game it see's the game but I cant join it. It says "unable to join". I havent really messed with it I forgot about it. I was going to try maybe change a few settings on my nic because I am also having trouble with my client losing connection every 2 hours or so and I have to reboot the server. I could be wrong but I think maybe the media types my be the answer to our problem. If I figure it out I will post.