Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
faz

Games and SMP

Does anyone have a listof what games work with smp? I'm looking at building a dual p3 system and wondering what game s will work using both pocessors.

------------------

cheers

Quake3A

Q: Any other beside Quake3A

A: Nope just Quake3A

Q: is that real all games that support SMP

A: Yep just Quake3

A b@t$h an't it.

I know a smart a@@ Yep that rigth just thougth I be funny today.

Can anyone please tell me howto setup quake 3 to use smp?

I think that the dedicated server of UT also use smp (or isn't disturbed by a smp system) for my server which has a load of about 16 player (sometime more) has 2 threads running and judging by the load of each processor, the server (or the os) dispatch half the load on each proc. This allow a maximum load of 36 instead of 18 on my biproc PIII 450

Thanx for that guys , i sussed out how to get quake in smp mode but it hangs 9 times out of 10 when i first crank Q3 up, but ok in non smp mode. tried 3.69 - 3.75 drivers. One thing i will try when i get home is disabling cpu idle. Which for my system seems to do nothing smirk

faz, try setting the r_smp 1 command in ur config file whcih is located in ur baseq3 folder, and is called q3config.cfg

then start up q3a and see how it runs. Dont change the setting though while ur in the game. If I dont change the settings it works flawlessly for me. NO matter what I use r_smp1 or 0, if I change it in the cfg it seems to work.