Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BlueAss

Starcraft Brood War Under win2k?

With windows 98 i just put in the .vxd files into c:\windows\system\iosubsys to make it work so it doesn't keep asking for the cd but in windows 2000 the file system is different. Any ideas on how to make brood war work under windows 2000 will be greatly appreciated.

Nothing should need to be done except install the game from your CD.. I have the game, I just put in the CD, install, and play.. works just like on win9x...

If you have a pirated copy, go buy the game, and you will be able to play it.

What files are you moving? I looked all over for ".vxd" files and could not find them. Where are they located?

Thnx

_TheJuice_

The 3 files needed to make a "copied version" of brood war work on windows 98 are CDfs.vxd, Cdtsd.vxd, Cdvsd.vxd and put them in c:\windows\system\iosubsys to make it work..But in windows 2000 i have no idea on how to make it work..do i need different kind of files to make it work under win2k or do i have to put those files somewhere else? Please help.

I am not following you. In your first post you said how do i make it run without having the CD in. I looked for those files and they are in the right spot in 98. Is there anyway to make it not look for the CD at all when I play so i dont have to stick the damn thing in anymore.

I am saying that when u install brood war with a copied versoin it will ask to put the cd in but u can fix it by puttin those 3 vxd files into the windows 98 system folder thing to make it work but u still have to put in the cd to play it but in windows 2000 i have no idea on how to make it work even with the cd inside cause it keep asking for the cd and i dont know how to use the 3 vxd files or maybe there's new files to put to make it work on NT

i just installed windows 2000 final (5.00.2195) and the only problem i have with it. starcraft broodwar runs, but then it minimizes itself. i ALT+TAB or click on the taskbar to switch back but then it minimizes itself again. i see it running for a few moments before it re-minimizes but i cant do anything in that split second. what do i do?