Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Impala SS

Save yourself the trouble.

For those that are experiencing trouble with games and Win NT.

Do yourself a favor and install Win 9x, the games will work, Direct X will work, and finally all your problems will 'disappear'.

I'm sure you will be able live w/o the extra

processor. I plan to use a dual boot combo for those games that don't work under NT.

Although you have a valid argument,

I still prefer to enjoy the stability and reliability of NT4 when playing OpenGL games such as HalfLife and Quake2, even if it does mean I lose the ability to play some directx games.

But like you said, nothing wrong with a dual boot as long as you can keep win98 size under 150mb.

------------------

-------------------------

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

[This message has been edited by felix (edited 16 November 1999).]

I disagree as well. I run NT Server as my primary OS so I can work on a number of projects from time to time. Sure, I lose out on a little bit by not having the fluff of Win9x, but it's nothing I can't live without. I just check here before I buy games, is all. smile.gif

And, I'd lose a lot more than my second processor. I'd lose stability, I'd lose speed, I'd lose the ability to do my work. I multi-boot between 98, NTS, and Linux, and I hardly ever use the other two. smile.gif

Ya, the way I look at it is, if the game doesn't bother to support NT then I don't bother to support the game (by purchasing it).

Ben