Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ASiDiE

Quake3/Win2k/TnT2 ultra??

The problem I am having with quake 3 is that it pauses when I try to MOVE! Even tho I can see movement right behind the players face. The whole screen pauses intil I stop moving the mouse. After about 3 sec of no mouse movement the screen comes back to where ever I moved to. The game is unplayable at this point. Here is my system.

Abit Bp6 running dual 400's oc to 600 using peltiers.

Windows 2000 RC3 build 2183

Hercules Tnt 2 Ultra (Not overclocked)

Nvidia's 3.64 drivers.

128 meg of ram.

Another thing I am wondering is what drivers seem to work best for you?

For the time being I am just playing under win98... but would still like to know why this won't work.

Thanks for any help on this one!

I have the EXACT same problem, with a similiar system.

Dual 550's with tnt2 and 3.64 rc3

its killing me, but I do not have any 9x os on my system.

Just download the newest Win NT drivers from NVidia's site, and extract ONLY the nvoglnt.dll to the WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory.

That fixed the problems for me, hope it does the same for you guys....

Morto.

So what drivers are you still using?? I see that you replaced the nvoglnt.dll file For the new drivers (3.64) from the old one.. I guess that really doesn't update the Ver number. So what Version of drivers we you using befor. I am going to try that right now and see if it works.

Thanks

morto a version number would help. NVidias site has 3.53 and Iv already tried those they dont work....

I tryed it with having 3.64 and replacing it with that file... of course that did nothing because that was the same file that was there. I then reloaded 3.53 and then just patched it with that file from 3.64... Still no go frown.gif Still working on it... Quake3 is really starting to piss me off. The only game that comes with SMP support don't even work with the main OS people are going to be using it with. You would think they would get with Nvidia to get there drivers correct or something.

ASiDiE

OK guys, the old trick no longer applies to fix the rotating around the head problem (hit ~ type cg_draw3dicons = 0) To correct this now, open the q3config.cfg file in notepad and find where it says draw3dicons = 1. Simply change it to 0, save and re open quake. IF that line isn't there paste the following:

seta cg_draw3dIcons "0" (ya gotta put one of those BOX characters right before the seta, I just couldn't paste one sorry)

That's how I fixed it, it all works bweaudifully now

Good luck

smile.gif

OK, I'll tell you EXACTLY how I fixed it. (I hope it works on your systems.)

I did a fresh install of RC3 (I needed to upgrade from RC2 anyway).

I then installed the 3.64 win2k drivers that were posted in this forum about a week ago.

At this stage I loaded Q3 and had the problem that everyone above mentioned - the screen freezing with the small part around the head icon still moving.

I then downloaded the 3.53 drivers from NVidia's web site and extracted ONLY the nvoglnt.dll to the WINNT\SYSTEM32 dir.

I then rebooted and re-loaded Q3 and it all worked fine.

NOTE: This is ALL that I did - I did not modify any configs, etc.

Morto.

Ill be a monkeys uncle, mad props to morto, I jsut played q3 at 1024x768 with smp and over 60 fps. all Id id was change that nvogl with the 3.53 one.. Im in shock I cant belive it worked. cheers

RC3 2183, TnT2, 3.64 drivers, set cg_draw3dIcons to 0 - now Q3A runs fine, only glitch left is sometimes when switching screen modes 16/32 bits I get some mouse problems - problem goes away if I exit and re-run Q3. Haven't tried using the 3.53 gl DLL.

--

Critofur

after days of troubleshooting, i found that the 1.88 drivers worked perfectly with my TNT card in win2000 rc3... http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml

you can download the driver at that link...

i am, however, having a hell of a time getting the brightness raise in the game... any help with that would be highly appreciated...

-StrayAnt

Oleg Pleaes Don't post stuff this agine Thank

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited 08 December 1999).]

Well I would like to thank off of you for posting on this post... it has fixed the problem and works great now!

AS for OLEG.... NT COMPATABLE please ban this ****. I nice HELPFULL message board is going here and we don't need asses like this here. here is a big **** YOU to all you spamers out there! Hope you all die and burn in eternal flames under the HELL FOG!

ASiDiE