Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LocalHero

Hey Mediator over HERE....

You answered a question about Monkey Island a while back....WTF you never answered the second question...You need to create a dummy "dsound.vxd" file in the \WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory. .....ummm no comprende amigo....I already have that file there.....What do I do to get this to work EXACTLY smile.gif Im sorry for the rudeness and would love any advice. Ive been waitin like a week to get your response so I thought this might work..............HELP HELP HELP PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU smile.gif

Local

What exactly is the problem with Monkey Island 3? The menu that want install DirectX or does the game crash (Blackscreen or back to the desktop)?

Try the follow:

Use Windows Explorer: Go to the Monkey Island 3 directory (/program files/mi3). There are two EXE files. I am not sure about the exactly names but I thinks its 1) curse.exe (the menu) and 2) mi3.exe (the game).

Try running the game exe file directly to bypass the menu.

Ok I did all that COMI is the .exe but it cant find resource/nut.fon??? Its on the CD but it aint picking it up....Hmmm I will attempt to figure the mystery out. Any Ideas are more than welcome smile.gif

Local

Thanks for all your help

Ok partner update the ole page heres the fix a ma roo smile.gif

You were right with that COMI and I copied the resource files off the cd to a sub directory.....so it was like :\curse\resource for both cds...... Unless you only want half the game. run it like that and its cool.

Also copy COMI.la0 and COMI.la1

However it has annoying sound problems...Skips I dunno but if you want and might throw some suggestions my way thanks...

Im gonna jet laterz bro

Thanks for the help

Local