Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Confuzed

:suffers from EQ withdraw ;-)

if anyone has any idea of any way for me to get Everquest Working under Win2k i would be greatful.

I am running 2128 w/ DX7(4.07.00.0000 installed) on a Celeron 366 OC to 550, 64 mb ram w/ a Diamond Viper 330 AGP for video and a SB 64 Gold for sound.

I get a message saying: "No 3D device found" or something like that... and DXDiags says that Direct3d Acceleration is disabled.

Thanx all

Confuzed

/ooc The first person to get it running on my system gets 10pp

(Guess you'd have to play to get it)

You must have miss understood me... i am running the Diamond Viper 330 AGP... a RIVA 128 card... not a TNT. Any suggestions for a solution... also what is the best supported 3d video card out right now... if i have to get a new video card i will!

The best supported video card in win2k right now would have to be voodoo3. Best thing is it's cheap too. So if your itchen to get games going in win2k get a voodoo3 for now.

what makes you say voodoo 3, are there actual beta drivers out there... or have you had the best success w/ it... i'd perfer to get a tnt or tnt2 card... have you seen eq work on one of those... thats really the only game i want to run... besides i can get a tnt card pretty cheap from a friend.. voodoo 3 users dont seem to want to sell to badly

I say voodoo3 cause I have had the most success with it. As well as the drivers for it are win2k 2114 voodoo3.sys and dll's with all the extra files. These drivers work VERY Good compared to what I've read and heard from TNT users If you go to http://seldzar.dhs.org and click on My box you will see a list of games I've actually played with my V3 on Win2k. Also you get the 3rd API option of glide so if D3D doesn't work lots of games support glide as well which makes your success rate of getting games running much higher. If I had a copy of everquest I would try it but I do recall reading about someone with a voodoo3 playing Everquest. Does the game run and crash or does it not ever start and generate errors?

i get a message when it trys to run the game... "no 3d device found" or some such thing... im sure the game looks before it trys to run... so it's looking for a 3d accelerator that supports direct 3d...

FYI EverQuest does not work under Windows 2000, regardless of video card. Glide halts after it draws the the lower half of the screen and D3D doesn't draw the game window, just the interface 8( I had hopes, but for now Windows 2000 is for training purposes only. Games work most of the time, but not worth the effort of rebooting in Windows 2000, not just yet anyway.

Solude

Strange, my Win2K box running build 2128 run EQ just fine with my TnT2. I installed the 3.53 drivers and have had no problems since. Well the South Karana zone as some trouble loading at times.