Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RoGuE

Creative encore dxr2

I have gone to great lengthes to get my creative to work on build 2031. I finally got my new drivers everything installed fine, but now i get this message when I try to play a movie:

Analog copy protection violation: Windows cannot play this copy-protected disc because it cannot verify that the video outputs on your DVD and/or VGA cards support copy protection.

Possible causes:

(1)One of the drivers (DVD or VGA) does not fully support the adapters capabilities, in which cas installing an updated driver may help;

(2)The hardware does not support copy protection. You may be able to get around the problem by unplugging any cables connected to the video outputs on your computer. Otherwise please contact your system manufacturer.

Does anyone know what in the world this means..im running a creative tnt2 value vid card with a 5x dxr2 dvd drive....cant figure it out..wont even let me play movies on my puter

Sounds like a bit of a driver problem to me, however, do you have anything plugged into the line out on ya card?? DVD has copy protection, so that it detects any recording devices that maybe along the cables somewhere, then lowers the quality of the movie so it is a ****ty recording in an event to stop piracy. That by the sounds of it is what the card cannot detect, so to save itself, kinda, it's just saying NO period just incase you do have any recording devices on it.

Dunno if this helps, but might give you something to think about. If I am wrong in regards to this, someone is welcome to correct me. smile.gif

well it was connected to my home entertainment sys. but i disconnected it and yes i was recording my dvd's to vhs just so i could watch the movie's when my puter was being used. Could the card be defective? considering i was making copies to vhs and they looked perfect with win98...

I doubt the card is defective man, I presume it's just lack of driver support for the time being, we are all suffering from some sort of driver support or lack of, if you aren't, LUCKY BA*$D!! As I said, it's probably just some sort of anti piracy feature built into it, as you were pirating, this seems like the most probrbly cause. Did disconnecting it from yo VCR give any better results??

nope, disconnecting didnt help...still the same message. I think it must have something to do with the vid card. hell dont know. the strange thing is it worked with win98 SE. I could record to vhs no prob. I really dont consider that piracy. Its my dvd and if i choose to copy it to vhs for later viewing thats my biz its my dvd....lol.

Aint no pirating thing....How the hell would the card know what is is connected to? NTSC doesnt return a signal like a monitor...It gets the feed and runs with it....Your problem is old drivers try NVIDIA 3.56 drivers and try ...this is what work for me. the DVD player that came with your card (I hope you got one) and as far as everything else goes since no one in the world seems to give a damn (Microsoft products OFFICE 2000 CE were sold via e-bay for 77 bucks COPIES did Microsoft care NO) so why should anyone else beside if he were selling em can you blam em damn dvds cost a right nut and 29 dollars....and if you want DISNEY movies you have to get a part time job.....Anyway try skipping your decoder card the TNT I have has a decoder on it (Vipper 770) thats where mines hooked into...works great

LocalHero

well everytime i try to install the new tnt2 drives it screws my machine up.....wont even boot...gotta go in safe mode and change the crap back....im trying to get a copy of win2k rc3 but it seems the guys who have it are a little tight lipped with it....anyway, im running the beta3 {build 2031} so thats pobably the prob....sucks!!!!

RC3 is cool nice fixes with scsi and internal devices like DVD and Iomega zips....At least it did here.

Local

have you tried the 3.56 drivers? they work goo with software decoders..

im using a hardware decoder cause i have it all tied into my home entertainment sys....i record movies to vhs. ive got rc3 now...THANKS CHAMELEON!! and im hoping it will fix a lot of the probs...ive got to deal with my live value next...im dreading it