Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
arka

HELP PLZ! Quake III runs very slow and misc problems

Hi everybody !

i've recently downloaded the winex3.1 source and installed it in my duron 800 m/c. i can install quake 3 but it runs terribly slow whereas it runs pretty coolly in the windows (xp). (i have an asus a7v motherboard).

i have also installed winetools, it works while installing games but cant uninstall. how can i uninstall an app through winex?

is there any way to emulate the desktop environment ?

i am also having problems while running few games - rogue spear is not starting at all.

i am really puzzled and i desparately want to fix these problems.

i will be pleased if anybody can help me out. (i am using redhat8)

lots of thanx in advance.

bye, arka.

Quote:
quake3 runs natively in linux just download the patch from www.idsoftware.com

Just as a further thought, make sure you install the 1.32b patch for Point Release, or your mouse will crap out again. Even though it is the Native version you will be running. Good one Blueworm smile

On the subject of Quake 3.. I can't get my skins working like they do under Windoze. Has anytone else noticed how dull they look (I am talking PM skins here (hi vis promode)) under windows they are very bright but under linux they are flat. I am partially colourblind and find the skins an immense use while playing. Is there a workaround?

cg_enemysmodel tankjr/pm

cg_enemycolours 22222

(this is the command for the bright green tank enemy in Threewave/OSP or CPMA)

It's like radioactiveman in Windoze, but dull in Linux and hard to adjust to. Currently I run a Win2000 partition but boting into it for a game of Quake 3 is a pain in the ass. Any help would be appreciated I have been hunting ofr months now.

Applies for Redhat, Suse and Mandrake (all latest versions).

Cheers