Games under win2k

PLZ HELP !

I have the following config:

Abit BP6

Dual Celeron 366

Win 2k 2114 pro

Voodoo3 2000

HD Quantum Fireball Plus KA

I installed Win2k, it works fine with the two processors but I have two problems:

- I installed the Voodoo3 drivers downloaded from here, and followed all the instructions, in 2D it is perfect, but Direct3D and Glide don't work in any game, I can run only Quake 2 and 3. I looked for the registry entry (CapabilityOverride) to enable Direct3D but the key was not found.

- I can't boot when the HD is attached to the UDMA/66 controller. I upgraded my bios to the Beta version, and installed the new drivers.

Any help would be appreciated !

The general consensus is that the interim build 2114 has "broken" Direct3D support. D3D is enabled only when DirectX7 compliant drivers are installed.

There is a registry work around for the VooDoo line of cards but none that I know of for the TnT/TnT2.

Your best bet is to downgrade to RC1 (build 2072) until RC2 comes out sometime next week or so.

hehe , your problem is comon with your setup. The DUAL Overclocked Celeron's are the problem , you cant offically run DUAL Celeron's , therfor you have problems , like the following :

Ultra DMA-66 Problems

Ultra DMA-33 Problems

EIDE Problems

Games wont run because Microsoft has finally found a way to stop people cheating with DUAL Celeron's Heres how you will get the **** to work , run just single celeron and connect the ATA/66 controller up and check it out. Let me know :)(

------------------

Windows Master!

Steveman09 what kinda crack are you smoking??

I am running the EXACT same setup(except a Voodoo3 3000 and a IBM deskstar GXP 14.4)

If you believe any of what you say, man are you in trouble. Let's start with Stingrays first problem. The ATA/66 controller simply needs to be setup properly. The boot sequence, in your bios, must be set to EXT(for external). Then where it says "EXT means or stands for"(or something to that effect, I'm not exactly in my bios right now) this must be set to your ATA66 controller. With that your drive will be checked as the first boot device. The present fix for your voodoo3 involes using the build 2114 voodoo3.dll/sys drivers. You can download the complete Zip from http://home.istar.ca/~jha_tam

Start by clearing out all drivers you have put in and reinstall the files in the zip from within device manager. I am currently running glide/d3d/opengl FINE with my duel celerons, which are overclocked to 528mhz each. Please think before you respond, to a common problem on this message board, with your uninformed ridiculous babble. Microsoft has stated they have no issues with duel celerons and why should they? They are in the software business not the cpu business. Windows master my ass, go back to school.

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited October 11, 1999).]