Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chameleon

Anyone got UT to work with glide fix ?

I have tried the glide fix ..still not sure if it is working, the only game i have tried with it Unreal Tournament and before i used to get a glide window error all i get now is a small dialog box that says error and an ok button, it might just be compability problems with the game an dx7 (integrated) since glide might work now.. !? this is with win2000 RC2 2128

[This message has been edited by chameleon (edited September 22, 1999).]

I put the Glide/GL fix in and everything works flawless for me...unreal tournament just booted right up and played. I'm using 2128 and since i got rid of my Mx300 everything has been super smooth.

Unreal seems to work fine here on build 2128.

One problem is that when I quit the game my screen gets really messed up, mostly black, and if I hit enough buttons on the keyboard some windows will pop up by they do not respond. alt-cntl-del does not respond so I have to reboot. When I quit Descent 3 this does not happen. I was using the glide driver for both games.

Hmm the only thing I can think over DBL check your Glide ver

Glide2x.dll ver 2.60.00.0408

Glide3x.dll ver 3.10.00.0406

[This message has been edited by SHS (edited September 23, 1999).]

I doubled check my versions and that is exactly what they are. I went through the process outlined by A. Toste again and still end up with the same black screen problem upon exiting a glide game. I have a Voodoo 3.

Problem fixed. I changed my desktop colors to 24 bit and when I exit glide games I do not get a black screen anymore.

When I exit UT I do have a minimized UT on the task bar(?) which I have to close out and when I do I see a GPF message window which closes with no problem. If I open this minimized UT I get the black screen but I can still do an alt-cntl-del and end the UT task.