Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
etexter

System Shock 2

I've been unable to get the install to actually work in System Shock 2. It comes back and tells you Windows NT is not supported. I tried installing on a 98 machine and bringing over the install and about 4 or 5 registry keys and importing them into W2K, but that didn't seem to work either. I tried running setwin95.cmd on the shock2.exe after that as well just to see and that just made it shock2.exe crash out. Any suggestions on actually making it work?

I checked out the web page for System shock 2 and it said to install the game under win 2k at a dos prompt type

setup -lgntforce

that should do it. it doesnt work on the demo. but might work on the final

I was researching this the other day myself. The game can be installed at the command prompt by using an -lgntforce tag. Unfortunately, the game still will most likely not run because of an incompatibility between Win 2000's CD-ROM drivers and the copy protection used in System Shock 2.

Looking Glass is releasing a patch for the game soon, though that will remedy this problem as well as fix a number of game bugs. Check out their FAQ for more info.

It worked for me after i got the exe from the demo! Just copy it into the dir, u don't have to rename it and away you go

smile

i tried the new inst all code (x:\setup -igntforce) and it still won't let me install it.

what's up with that?