Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
}CD{

AvP in Win2k RC1

I read in the games section that Alien vs Predator was functional under Win2k, but it isn't working right on mine ,P2-450 with an Asus tnt2 ultra. As far as I can tell, the problem is in the resolution settings, the only settings it allows me to choose from in the game are 0x0x0 and 24837x23563x8196. I know neither of these is a usable setting, so is there something special that I need to do to get it working?

Hmm, that seems strange. What drivers do you have installed? If you use NT4 drivers the Direct3D won't work (which AvP uses).

All rezolutions works fine here. I run in 800x600x32. I have a C466 + Creative TNT2.

[This message has been edited by Per Eklund (edited July 21, 1999).]

I'm using an odd mix of drivers. 2.08 NT 4 drivers then updated to TNT driver for win2k from asus,

... but i still blue screen in AvP

I used the drivers built into win2k for tnt2 and it worked

[This message has been edited by ZiEliN (edited July 31, 1999).]

I had been using the 2.08 NT4 drivers from asus, so I guess that was the problem

thanks

when i install AvP with win2k , it doesn´t work , but when i install AvP with win98 and start it in win2k it works great !!!!

i play AvP with 1042*768*32 , and it works great on my PII 400 , tnt and 128 mb

I have the exact same problem but I have a Voodoo3 card, I have the driver mix provided on this sight, I get the same resolution options 0x0x0 or 192401409x2341x134566 or something like that. I have it installed on Win98 but I get the same thing when started in Win2k. It must be some Voodoo3 driver problem....

Ender

Ender_Xien

Did you upgrade from Win9x ?.

I have run in to this as well & not just windows2000, a few other games do this to.

Most like lee it your monitor not being setup

rigth or not at all.

Actually I am dual booting Win98 and Win2K, the game works great on Win98, and Win2k is a clean install. I will investigate this Monitor thing and let you know,

thanx

Ender