Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SJBender

Red Storm, RB6, EW and W2K

Well I can play the two Rainbow Six games, however, what the problem is that under Windows 2000 Beta 3 my settings (such as movement keys, display and such) are not being preserved... Sorta like it is not being saved to disk. Every time I exit the game and restart it I am back to the default settings. Now I know that W2K is a beta and all but I what I am looking for is maybe someone else with this problem and hey, maybe even a solution... I tried what was posted here and that was to no avail.

------------------

SJBender

Can you explain to me how you got the Rainbow Six games to run under Windows 2000??

I followed the instructions listed here and have not been able to get it to run... Could I get you to email me the edited registry file??

Thanks,

Vince...

------------------

Well I had it running fine under Windows98 SE... I did the upgrade to Win2000 Beta3 and Rainbow Six ran fine except for the settings being preserved. That is where I stand now... I also got a response from Red Storm, here it is...

When there is a retail version of Windows 2000 OS available, we will test on it

and decide at that point whether or not it will be supported. At this time

though, it's not a supported OS. One thing though, if you're running the game

from the Cd, your key remappings won't be saved. If you run from the hard disk

they should be resaved.

I guess we will see eh?

------------------

SJBender

Well I have just completed my install of Windowss2000 RC1 and of both versions of Rainbow Six, and yes now I CAN NOT run the game either... damn theres got to be an easier way here...

------------------

SJBender