Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

battle of the computers

Yeah, cases are becoming expensive nowadays with all the cool designs.

Well, my CPU and heatsink have been shipped. I should see them wednesday or thursday.:D AYHJA 1.4GHz T-bird...mmm.

Bad news is I'm gonna have to get used to a hair dryer in my room. Oh well, speed has it's price.

M4--which benches. I can whip out sandra real quick and run some stuff. Don't know how great it'll be, but oh well. I'm using the HPT370 controller, FYI. All I know is that UT loads rather quickly on this system. laugh

personally i think Sandra is gay, i used to like it, but the synthetic benchmarks it runs do nothing for me and tell me nothing, even with the comparison systems.

Some parts of sandra i like, such as the cpu mips bit and the memory bandwidth. They are a good guide to see if everything is working and to see what effect (if any) that last tweak had on the system. Some of the bits of it though are terrible frown like the HDD test and especially the information, it seems to actually guess most of the things rather than work them out frown

In summary....good tool but dont trust it with your life smile

Brian if you could just knock out some sandra benchies and tell me what version of the bios/driver you are using it would be much appreciated smile I still find the HDD test a good indication of the overall speed even though its not that accurate.

well my server is almost done

mobo:dfi ak 75 ec

proc:athlon 700@900

Ram:256 megs

Vid:geforce 2 mx 32 meg

hardrive:martor 40 gig

burner:2x2x12 acer

nic:generic 10/100

internal zip drive

all i needa is a case and power supply

[size:9]ZEUS [AD controller]

Win2k Server SP2

Gateway GP7-450 PIII 450

384MB PC100 SD-RAM

13GB ATA66 5400 IDE HDD

Compaq Smart 2SL SCSI/RAID Controller

4x18.2GB 10,000 RPM SCSI Drives in RAID0 array

Generic 24x CD-ROM

Floppy, unplugged

Internal ZIP100 Drive, unplugged

nVidia TNT Video

On-board SB64 sound

2xIntel 10/100 Pro+ Management NICs

Cable Modem, Connection to LAN

POSEIDON

WinXP Pro Corp

Soyo K7V Dragon Plus!

AMD XP 1700

256MB PC2100 DDR-RAM

15GB ATA66 5400 IDE HDD

Sony 8x4x32 CD-RW

Generic 6x DVD

nVidia GeForce2 Ti Video

On-board c-media digital sound

On-board LAN, Disabled

Intel 10/100 Pro+ Management NIC

LAN Connection

ARIES [Laptop]

IBM 380ED

Win2k Pro

Pentium 200 MMX (I think)

48MB RAM (I think)

A few gigs HDD

CD-ROM

Floppy Drive

3com 10/100/33.6Kbps Lan/Modem

LAN Connection

The laptop is free from work, never bothered checking it out that much. Used for papers only, so far. Will also be used for "in the field" (Read: coffee shops) Computer Science assignments.

/L.A[/color]

Well I got a stick of 256MB PC2100 DDR and my T-Bird 1.4GHz AYHJA-Y:D and my Vantec CCK-6027D. The Vantec is actually a tad quiter than the FOP 32 I had on the Duron 8)

Well i just got done adding a 80 mm fan on the side of my case plan to add 3 more to the side, then 2 80mm fans on the top and lan handle(s) when i get the time and 80mm holesaw thing. Never again

will i cut a 80mm hole with a dremel.

The biggest mod I've done to my cases was drill a bunch of holes in one side of the case.

Well, my two hdd's came back from RMA. After I exchange my Radeon 8500 for a new one, I'll be all set for awhile.

What an age we live in smile Back when i had my 286 i would have killed for 2mhz 8)

laugh

Well, I just found out that at least one of my DDR sticks is PC333 DDR 8)

I think I've gotten my fill of hardware upgrades for awhile. I'm just gonna wait for some new games, like Serious Sam 2 and Unreal 2 to hit the shelves.

Well ordered my case Coolermaster ATCS-200 and a black floppy drive, should be here tomorrow smile so ill see if it was worth it smile