Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cynan

Ports Database.

Hi. Having just got MW4 and having to trackdown what ports it uses to setup my router, I had this idea..

It'd be really great if there was a place on the net that users could go to find out what ports they use.

So I thought why not have a ports section on the compatibility pages,.. thoughts, opinions?

--Cynan.

That sounds pretty cool. Good idea.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Thanks dude! this may sound like a suck up, but you've helped me before and the quality of your posts are quite excellent. Saying its a good idea just makes my day. smile

What say you admin ppl?

--Cynan.

Well, maybe we could come up with one on our own. What format would be easiest? Peeps could just email in their apps and the respective ports. Cynan, do you want to take over on it? I could host it until Philipp has more time to mess with it. We could just set it up as a text file in alphabetical order.

There are these links from this post:

http://www.ntcompatible.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000350.html

The first one is for general applications and "official" services, and the next one was from Busby which seems to be a good link as well.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

What sort of router are you using? Have you tried using a port scanning program..also, try ports 6666 through to 6669

Vampyr, you've lost me...

clutch, the second link there looks like a good format. I guess I'll ask the owner there if I can borrow the existing info. on there page or maybe even talk with them about some colaburation between them and us.

Hey.. this could be the start of a beuitful friendship.. wink

--Cynan.

I think he was referring to your issue looking for MW4 ports. As far as applications and ports, I will take a look at the games I have to see what the active default ports are.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

MW uses ports between 2300, and 2400. I just mapped the whole lot as I wanted to play it ASAP the other night. I'll have to investigate more sometime and narrow it down a bit.

As for the PDB (Port DB. heh). I talked to the guy over at that other site (his name is Tim and we can hardly just rip his info.) and basically he said we can add a link upto his site and send info. along as we have some. If it ever gets too much, then we'll work something else out.

I guess what I'd to see is a page with the NT Compatible logo etc, but well, *shrugs*, what can we really to and still being fair to Tim.

--Cynan.

[This message has been edited by Cynan (edited 21 March 2001).]

So we gonna get a link put on somewhere, or do our own anyway? feeeeeeeeeeeedback !

--Cynan.

I have a pretty comprehensive list of WKP if anyone wants it. and also isnt 6667-6669 usuallly used for IRC and Napster and stuff of that nature?

I thought that too. heh. Anyway, gotta wait on other ppl eh. I cant do this alone !!!

those are IRC and napster ports..but hey, if their free why not use em. Also, find out what ports ICQ is using and use those ports.

You can tell ICQ that you use a firewall and allocate a range of ports for it to use.

--Cynan.