Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pimpin_228

overclocking the duron

Okay my question is if i have a duron 750 and i want to over clock it too 950 what should be my voltage?and i already know bout the l1 and l2 stuff but i nedd to know the voltage.

The voltage should be higher than what your default is: 1.65 or 1.60 volts normal. The highest the board can supply w/o modification is 1.85 volts. Set it a least to 1.75 V, but the higher you have it the less problems you should encounter and the better overclock you should get. I wasnt successful this way, so there's still the FSB overclock option. If its the KT133 chipset you cant push it stable past 113MHz FSB, plus your components run out of spec, but I havent had problems.

It also depends on the motherboard you have too.

don't set it too high, you get more heat that way, at least in my experiences anyway.

In a typical overclock attempt, the best way to do get to a particular speed is to set the speed in the BIOS, and then try to boot. If it doesn't make it (can't POST, get into Windows, crashes on games/apps, etc) then bump up the voltage by the *smallest* increment possible. Then, repeat the process. My old 300a went to 450 without a voltage increase, while my 333 celeron can't get anywhere even with a .4V bump. They are all different, even if they are the same proc speed and step, so treat them as such.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

no offense i just figured someone would replie sooner,because it only takes some people a night to get a replie

My duron 750 is runnin at 848 at 115.5Fi guess the pencil trick worked. and it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!