Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
imtim83

What should average temps be on a duron 800mhz processor?

i am wondering what a duron 800mhz processor temops should be on doing average stuff, idle , and at peak. thanks

this is not overclocking btw

Well, I just got a new Duron800, now at 904MHz and so far it hasnt gone above 41 C/105 F. I put enough thermal paste on this one this time and that helped drop the temp even more, like~10 degrees. Also got a generic orb fan the Manhattan Kiwi and I love it because its so much easier than my CoolerMaster to put on a Socket A processor.

Ive been told that if the processor stays under 120F not to worry. I dont think I'll hit much over 110F with my fans.

Now I have a miniature jet in my room...

what should case temp be on average btw also ?

thanks

and its good to have like maybe this for my case

like one fan in the front at bottom to bring in air in then 2 at back as very top above power supply to take hot air out

thats all the mounts i have but i could always do blowholes i guess or put cooling in my 5 1/2 drives

heres a pic of my case btw

http://www.vikingcomputers.net/ca-scatx100f.html

My Current System Temperatures:

SiSoft Sandra 2001 Pro:

Board Temp.: 22.8 C / 73.0 F

CPU Temp.: 35.2 C / 95.1 F

Power/Aux Temp.: 29.9 C / 85.8 F

Motherboard Monitor 5.0

Board Temp: 71 F

CPU Temp: 86 F

Power/Aux Temp: 82 F

--------------------

Throughout the day i have my window up here in the room so the intake fan that blows on the cards sucks in all of the 35 F air, i had these temperatures earlier today:

CPU Temp:66 F

Mobo Temp: 51 F

Case Temp: 55 F

---------------------------

Cool enough???

Ya know, Im not sure about case temp, really. Heard it somewhere here, but I cant remember.

It should matter which way the air is flowing, but it should flow in one direction.

Im not sure how well sucking the air from the bottom would work, but if you put one in, just make sure it will suck air in.

Personally, and because this is the only way other than a case mod, I have the airflow going from front to back.

Heres my set up:

Since the ATX PS connecter to the mobo prevents me from using the lowest 5 1/2 drive bay, I put a HDD cooler in to suck in air. On my processor now I have this Kiwi orb cooler. Mounted on one side (its down when the case is standing) is the fan off my coolermaster, and that works quite nicely cooling my cpu off. Since there is a spot for a case fan in back, I put one there to suck air out. Since my mobo, Asus A7V, cant use the PCI 2 slot, Ive used a slot fan with adjustable length for it.

My temps for cpu and mobo at highest Ive seen

CPU: 41C/105F

Mobo:27C/79F

I dont know how well your setup will work since the Power supply may interfere with the airflow, but keeping it in one direction is a good start.

Wish I could remember about the case temp. Mine really doesnt feel warm at all...