Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampyr

Computer Wallpaper

I figured out that if you run .bmp instead of .jpg, you can get good backgrounds without having the active desktop service turned on....

So I get the pretty colors without the (minimal) performance hit

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

I switch between a solar eclipse, Mars and elkfire.jpg - these pictures are small (except mars) and quite sharp

Same here. Good old Win2k blue for my home machine, and black for my work machine.

My work machine has a G400 MAX in it and for some reason the two monitors (same make and model) run at a slightly different refresh rate which makes the secondary monitor look slightly brighter. It did my head in having two shades of what was meant to be the same colour, so I made it black instead.

Good ole black :o)

I found active desktop annoying. Rebbot with out shutting down and you get that annoying "Click here to restore active desktop" thing. I find pictures hard on the eyes.

I was just using plain ol', default blue, but I've had this Penny-Arcade comic as my desktop for a while now [leaving my desktop still mostly blue]. It comforts me knowing others are as... sick as I am.

-bZj

yea, the blue color that win2k first boots with is a nice soft comforting blue, easy on the 'ol eyes.

but I like Microsoft Puke green!

*wait, no I don't*

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

I get all my wallpapers from skinz.org

Right now I'm running Litestep with a wallpaper called "chilled kiss".

------------------

Marchuz^

UIN: 42900735

marcus@fofso.net

Bob Marley on Black

I used to have pictures of kind buds on my desktop but I have found that that is dangerous to my stash cause I think about it and then go smoke it.

i make my own smile and make em to fit my desktop etc etc so my icons are on kew grpahics kind of things smile otehrwsie i go to digitalblasphemy which well rules for the digital pics (i should have some of mine up there soon)

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment:
i make my own smile</font>

I thought he was talking about his marijuana.

-bZj

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Four and Twenty:
...I used to have pictures of kind buds on my desktop but I have found that that is dangerous to my stash cause I think about it and then go smoke it.</font>

I sympathize with you. I work at home. Self-discipline (for me) is a foreign response, I've found.

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999
"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001

[This message has been edited by DeadCats (edited 07 February 2001).]

I found one a while back at hardforum in the strictly AMD section

has the AMD logo and says Athlon with an ice fire background

Very cool