Gigabyte 6BXC M/B

16 meg Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

128 Meg of RAM

18 gig Western Digital Expert HDD UDMA 66

Sound Blaster Live ! 256

56k Modula Tech V90 USB modem

4 x SCSI writer

Advansys Host SCSI controller

laugh That was a good one! It got me for a few seconds. hehe... Hilarious! Imagine if I really did happen? I mean, Linux is free and there isn't a law saying that M$ couldn't appropriate it and make it's own source codes!

But, they would have to release the OS for free if it is based on the Linux kernel, so I could run a MS OS legally. wink

And, this might not be the worst thing for Linux. MS would guarantee that there was a group of programmers, not just hackers, on the project, so more things would be supported under Linux, whihc could allow for the greater progression of the whole OSS.

OK, I'm done giving MS head. :P

-bZj

Actually, the open base code from Linux is free but if MS decides to add more codes, they can charge you for that!

The code base if free, but is copyrighted by Linus Torvards. If you want to use his code to make a 'pay-for' version, you can, but you have to provide the source code to that as well, for free. This is why you can [and I have] download RedHat, SuSE, or any other version completely free. You just don't get any customer service.

-bZj

[edit]

I just thought this was funny.

[/edit]

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 09 October 2000).]