Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CM

FiringSquad Win2K Video Card Roundup

Here a few quotes:

Quote:
Our recommendation? Don't choose Windows 2000 for your gaming system. Aside from Quake and a handful of other titles, there aren't many games that support Win2K. When there is support, performance generally isn't up to par with that of Win9x systems either due to the game itself, video card drivers, or other unknown OS issues.

Quote:
Regardless of what card you pick, one thing is for sure, gaming on an NT based system is definitely nowhere near as good as it is on a Win9x OS.

Quote:
In general, most of the games we have reviewed have no support for Win2K.

http://firingsquad.gamers.com/hardware/win2kvideoroundup/verdict.asp

Btw this guy remind me on the Windows 2000 review in the german GameStar magazine. They installed NT 4.0 drivers for the TNT and said that only 2D games work correct on W2K. *LOL*

i get EXACTLY the same fps in win2k as in win9x

althoug i have done a little tweaking in 2k and not in win9x (except for driversettings)

Firingsquad are a bunch of idiots & NT newbies. Almost ALL of my Windws games work fine.

I have yet to run across a game that didn't run in Win2K. I even just installed Carmageddon 2. Gotta love that "Bonus for artistic impression".

Hell, the only program I can't get working is fricking Eudora.

-bZj

I have a couple dozen games (which I rarely get a chance to play), and only Slave Zero does not work under Windows 2000.

I am annoyed that the Norton Systemworks 2000 that I bought before switching to Windows 2000 is not compatible with Windows 2000.

SLAVE ZERO DOESN'T WORK?!?!?!

Damn, I've been dying to play that game, but haven't gotten it from my friend yet.

I will, of course, give it a go myself.

-bZj

michaeljbrooks your rigth that Norton Systemworks 2000 dosen't work how ever Norton Systemworks 2001 will but I think junk anyway & memory hog to boot.

the only good thing to ever come out of nortons stables is ghost.

`nuff said

Now that's not true smile

The virus scanner is nice as long as you install it as a seperate app of course. (Norton integration blows goats)

Norton has a nice registry editor too (when you can get it to work that is)