Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
now

Win 2k Service Packs

Ok..I hope this hasnt been covered already...but...

When the Service packs for 2000 come out, are they going to require you to be logged on in order for them to install. (similar to how Internet Explorer works now).

I hope not since I have no modem on my win2k system, but would love to patch it up using a Service pack.

If they do however do this, would there be any way for me to download a full executable of the service pack, one that doenst require me logging on to upgrade.

--Now inc

------------------

Now inc.

http://www.now-incorporated.com

yea, tell me about it, i'm in a 56k, and when i had NT4, i had to download SP6, and i think it had to be at least 35MB, but it was one .exe file. i read something on a website i visited about Windows Whitler and Service packs, here it is, i dunno if it'll help you though:

......."MS has now decided that these current releases are builds made to go towards Windows 2000 SP1, and after it's released, MS will keep making more builds to go toward windows whistler, but for now its about windows 2000 sp1, dosent look that different than win2k. Sooooo, the new GUI aint been started just yet, they lied, MS is working on Whistler, and going to pop out win2k sr-1 with one of the builds they are using for whistler later on, new GUI should be starting to take form in up coming builds..."

Here's the link to that website:

http://jotenet.koti.com.pl/start/home.htm

and use getright or some shait like dat so if u get disconnected...just a hot tips from a guy whos been using hes 56k for a couple o` years and without cdrw @ work =(

hmm..just remembered..microsoft.com doesnt allow getright or gozilla or does it?