Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

thx movies for testing surround systems

Does anyone know where I can find the trailers for Dolby or THX so I can test my surround set up.

I finally got aroung to setting it up using my SB Live Value, LiveWare 3 for NT & four speakers and "movie mode on" and I want to test it.

Thanks. wink

------------------

--------------------

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

[This message has been edited by felix (edited 09 March 2000).]

DVD Spectacular from Delos is a great test and demo DVD with all 4 Dolby Digital (Train, City, Egypt, Canyon) trailers.

I remember that www.planet-dvd.ch has also the trailers for download somewhere.

Cheers,

Christian

Felix,

First of all, forget thx. It is virtually dead. Most DVD's have Dolby Digital encoding. Make sure you are using fiber optic cable or tru digital cable not just any coax. If you are set up right, the next thing you need to do is go to Radioshack. Yes, Radioshack. They have a decibel meter for around $80. You need to set the volume for each of the 5 channels from where you are going to sit when you watch movies. Do a test mode of your system. Make each buzz register 77-82 decibels. This would really tweak out your system. This way your system will be calibrated optimally. It will actually sound better than most cinemas. I assume you bought true hi-fi speakers not Bose. I sold Audio-Video equipment before I jumped on the MCSE bandwagon. Hope this helps.

Only one problem there.....no money.

Thanks for the advice though. smile

------------------

~+~

The information contained in this post has no nutritional value. I remove myself from all responsibility of the consequences should you print this post and consume it without taking the proper precautions.

Warning: This text best viewed with surround sound.