Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hornet303

New SBLIVE drivers...

Just read and downloaded the new SBLIVE drivers that were posted in the news section of this page.. Anyone use them yet? My work machine dont have an SBLIVE, so Ill hve to wait. But Id like to hear if anyone has anymore luck with these. SBLives can be a pain in the a$$ somtimes with AMD machines, and some chipsets other than Intel chips. Let me know!!!

Jeff

Yeah... SPDIF Out works !!!

And best of all, I was able to install the drivers.

When I tried to install the previous drivers, or Live!Ware 3.0, my PC would just freeze.

Is this for the 5.1 cards or all sb lives?

I'd LOVE to have SPDIF output for any and all programs in win2k.

Right now the only reason I'm dual booting is because of 98's SPDIF ability.

Quote:
Originally posted by G.I.Joe:
Anyone know where I can download these drivers? The link is dead :(

The fileserver is down but you can get the drivers here.

[ 19 April 2001: Message edited by: Philipp ]

HI i tried the new wdm drivers from this site in 2k.

I start the upddrv2k.exe and i have a msg saying that the newdev.dll is missing ?

And how you install those in 98 ?

What is the login and password to download these drivers. I keep getting asked to login.

Thanks

AOvl thur the Device Manager, the upddrv2k.exe is for Win2000 there was no upddrv9x.exe.

You better not have Win9x LW3 install they do not work with each other:(.

I guest it not compatible with Netscape better fire up IE.

Well, i installed the new drivers for my SB Live! Value, and haven't come across any probs as yet. Looks to be working well laugh

Yeah, download accelerator was the problem...but the drivers are not the end all for my problems.

I have a dual processor system and now all of the popping and crackling sounds are back. Hmmm... Looks like I will go back to the drivers included with Win2K.

Should I upgrade to the new drivers? I use SB Live! 1024

I hate to ask for something without giving something in return, but the link doesn't work for me.

Is there anywhere else that does work.

Thanks.

cool

Noticed a couple people with a problem where the new mirror asks for login. I had the same problem. Using IE5.5 and Download Accelerator, the workaround is simple. Temporarily disable browser intergration in Download Accelerator. Right click on the Download Accelerator tray icon and select the disable browser integration option there. Then it downloads without asking for signon. You can then set it back on.

there not a lot I can do about that being each web server is setup diff like this it dose allow dircet link.

Ill put it on my FTP for a while:

server: 64.3.112.103 port 303

login: sblive/sblive

take it easy

j

Donald2B, you are missing something very important here. The W2K drivers that come with the OS do not enable Full acceleration in the Sound Playback control panel (Basic only). By default, the new drivers enable Full by default. The problem with ALL of the SBLive drivers is that they crackle, pop, crash etc. under full acceleration with SMP systems. And of course, full acceleration is required for EAX etc. So, you have the choice of trading poor EAX support (full on SMP) for no EAX support (Basic)...your call.

So, you aren't really doing any good to go back to the old drivers, since you can accomplish the same thing by running the newer driver sets and just setting acceleration back to basic if you are having problems (like everyone else running SBLive on SMP).

Hope that helps,

:}

PS It is nice to know that in this age of constant upgrades and changes, that one thing remains a constant, year after year - Soundblaster Live still doesn't work correctly on Windows 2000.