Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alam

kds Monitor and RedHat9.0

My kds monitor is not recognized by RedHat9.0 during installation. I do not have the manual of the monitor and so I have no information about the monitor. I can not run Xconfigurator in text mode because I do not know the path (also rename) of Xconfigurator under RedHat 9.0 so that I could give a try again.

Would be very much happy if some one could help me to solve the problem.

All you really need to know is the horizontal and vertical sync ranges. If you can find out your monitors model number (it should be printed on the back of your monitor if you don't have your manual or the box it came in) do a search on it in Google and see what you come up with. As soon as you have the ranges you can run the xf86config script (you shouldn't have to know the path for Xconfigurator btw, you should just be able to type Xconf and press the tab key to complete it followed by enter) to configure XFree86.

Something I have had to do in the past before getting a hold of my current HP monitors is to know the max refresh rate and resolutions of my monitors(usually from what I would run them at in windows) and simply choose a generic monitor configuration that matched what I wanted to run at. Basicly this may be the way you would need to know if you cant find the horizontal and verticle sync rates and your monitor isn't listed in the list of supported monitors. Hopefully that's some help to you.

Thanks guys.

I have reinstalled RedHat 9.0 and found that the monitor is not automatically probed but "Korean Data System VS-4" monitor worked for mine. This should be KDS by the way, so I was mistaken because I did not know what kds stand for.

Thanks again