Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomAL

Creative Dxr3 Probs

Hi i have had a dxr3 working in windows 2000 for ages using the sigma designs drivers. I come to load it up to watch a dvd and i get an error (cant remember exactly), so i remove the driver and app, and try to reinstall it, windows finds it and installs drivers, then when i try to install the application (sigma)it comes up with an error before istalling saying "An instance of the driver may allready be in use" then if i click on ok it comes up with another error "You must have a valid driver prior to install the applications". well i thought, so i tried the creative drivers and app (beta) and i get the error:

"card is not detected or driver is not loaded. Please ensure the card is properly installed before running this setup."

Anyone any ideas it has me stumped.

Thanks

Tom

ok so i put it in another computer and it comes up with the same error. Any idea's.

Tom

right, well looks like you did something bad, try removing EVERYTHING that has to do with your dxr3 card, and i mean everything, every singel file. Then go with the newest sigma drivers coz their are the only way to go if you whant a regionless card.

//Silent.

Thanks for your reply. Do you know of anywhere that will have a list of all file registry entries etc that the dxr3 puts in. I was using the sigmadesigns software (much better than creative), worked fine for ages then turned on my comp and it didn't. I have tried it in another computer that had never had that card installed before and it did the same thing, thats whats strange.

Thanks

Tom

Originally posted by GAMaus:

Quote:
[...]Hope i could help!

Probably not after 3 years, no... wink

Might also check to see if a program CTFMON.exe is running this used and may still cause problems from the softwere, this program can be saftly terminated.