Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
znk

SupraSST 56i PRO DF (2850) problem

I need some help here. I've got a problem with my SupraSST 56i PRO DF (2850) and Win2k. The problem is I can't install drivers for it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I specify the driver location for Windows, click the .inf file on my HD and press the OK button, but then, there's no modems in that box where I should choose one from. Actually, there's nothing at all. Just the blank box. Drivers I tried were from diamonds website.

So, please, could someone tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance.

znk

hi, I used to have one of these modems and this is the way I got it to work under win2k. I assume that you've d/loaded or have got the correct win2k driver for that modem from Diamond's website? If so you should see under unknown devices in device manger a pci communication device with a exclamation through it. Right click it, goto to properties then driver and then click on update driver. Choose next, then select 'display a list of driver...', click on 'have disc' and point it to where the driver is located. Choose the 2850 driver and install it. Should be ok now....

Chris

Hmm...I did just what you've explained, except I begun from control panel/modems/add modem or something like that. Does it really matter which way you start with? I went back to WinME now and don't want to reinstall W2k again unless I'm positive it works.

Thanks

znk

---

Ok, installed W2k again, and did what you said Chris. Now it's working fine. Thanks, man!

znk

[This message has been edited by znk (edited 01 April 2001).]

Hi, well you seemed to miss what I was saying, go through the device manager NOT through add new modem. In device manager you should see a PCI communication device listed, upgrade the driver through it's properties.....

Chris

Ok, sorry missed the last part of your post for some reason. Glad to be of some help....

Chris