Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
news

Derek Clark releases Swipe Ruler 1.2 for the iPhone

Derek Clark releases Swipe Ruler 1.2 for the iPhone - Published on 11/19/09

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Derek Clark today is pleased to announce Swipe Ruler 1.2 for iPhone and iPod Touch. Swipe Ruler introduces a fast and convenient way to measure items for a close estimation of length. Perfect for window shoppers and garage sale browsers, Swipe Ruler uses the accelerometers in your phone to measure flat surfaces from a few inches up to several feet. Click the ruler, touch the screen to begin, and slide the app along the surface to measure. Then touch the screen to stop measuring.

Nashville, Tennessee - Derek Clark today is pleased to announce the release of version 1.2 of his Swipe Ruler app for the iPhone and iPod Touch. Introducing a fast and convenient way to measure items for a close estimation of length, the Swipe Ruler is perfect for window shoppers and garage sale browsers.

The Swipe Ruler uses the accelerometers in your phone to measure flat surfaces from a few inches up to several feet. Whether you are looking for furniture, fabrics, decor, window treatments, or any number of items, you can get a quick, easy calculation. One happy customer noted that when his wife asks, "Will this sofa/table/cabinet fit next to the door/window/hallway?" she's much more satisfied with the Swipe Ruler's read than his guess.

The Swipe Ruler app is very simple to use. Just open it, click the ruler, touch the screen to begin, and slide the app along the surface to measure. Then touch the screen to stop measuring. The helpful how-to video is always available from the start screen.

Clark says, "In the last year and a half, I bought my first home and got married. I created the Swipe Ruler after I experienced my share of wedding registries, garage sales, and furniture stores. Now when we shop, it's much more convenient than carrying around a tape or a yard stick."

Device Requirements:

* iPhone or iPod Touch 3.0 or later

Pricing and Availability:

Swipe Ruler 1.2 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.

Swipe Ruler 1.2: http://geekpolitics.com/swipe-ruler/

Purchase and Download: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331245757&mt=8

Based out of Nashville, Tennessee, Derek Clark is a rocket scientist by day and a blogger and iPhone app engineer by night. Clark works to share information and technology with the masses. Copyright 2009 Derek Clark. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.

###

Derek Clark

Co-Founder

dclark ( -at -) geekpolitics.com