Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
news

High School and College Students Gain Competitive Edge With iPhones

High School and College Students Gain Competitive Edge With iPhones - Published on 11/17/09

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Niles Technology Group today announces Essay Writing Wizard 1.2 for iPhone and iPod touch. The Essay Writing Wizard tools brings essay writing and critical thinking skills into the pockets of high-tech students. In order to find the best application for a student's assignment, Niles Technology Group has setup a quick app selection tool where students can email their assignments in and receive a list of app tools that meet their particular needs in less than a day.

Charlottesville, VA - The newest high-end accessory on campus this year isn't a fancy backpack or designer shoes, it's the stylish and app-filled iPhone or iPod Touch, and it's not just being used to play games and make phone calls. Apps like Charlottesville software developer Niles Technology Group's line of Essay Writing tools are becoming increasingly popular as student vie for a leg up on their peers.

"The iPhone is a full functioning mobile computing platform," says Michael Niles, company president and long-time educator. "Most education programs in the App Store simply don't take advantage of it. Most of what you see available for students only uses the iPhone as a display device for flashcards, rote memorization language apps, online textbooks, and viewing of videos." The Essay Writing Wizard line of apps help students understand how to write everything from a book report to a summary essay, as well as being fully interactive and allowing students to organize and input notes, ideas, research and even writing samples directly into the phone.

The response from students has been overwhelming. "I was a little reluctant at first," said Shawn Kiehn, a High School sophomore at the Natomas Charter School in Sacramento, California. "The thought of writing more than just short messages on my iPod Touch seemed a bit weird, but I needed some help with a personal essay in my English class and just sort of stumbled upon it. I love that I can pull it out and work on my essay when I'm waiting for the bus or sitting at lunch."

The Essay Writing Wizard tools take it one step further, beyond just the mobile device. With the purchase of one of the value-pac apps which combine many types of essays into one program, the company provides a free essay editing and review service online.

With more than 200 Essay Writing Wizard apps available for both the native English speaker and the ESL student, choosing the right app can be daunting. In order to find the best application for a student's assignment, Niles Technology Group has setup a quick app selection tool where students can email their assignments in and receive a list of app tools that meet their particular needs in less than a day.

Device Requirements:

iPhone and 2nd Generation iPod Touch 2.2.1 or later

Pricing and Availability:

The full line of Essay Writing Wizard apps is available for the iPhone and iPod Touch for $3.99 (USD) in the App Store in the Productivity category.

Essay Writing Wizard 1.2: http://www.essaywritingwizard.com

Purchase and Download: http://appsto.re/essayorganizer

Screenshots: http://s667.photobucket.com/albums/vv36/Appency/Essay%20Writing%20Wizard/

Niles Technology Group was founded in 2007 to develop software for emerging technologies and is developing a series of mobile computing applications dedicated to teaching superior writing and logical thinking skills. With its experience in the technology and content required to develop a full-featured product for students, Niles Technology Group is already in the top 25 of all iPhone app publishers and the Essay Writing Wizard apps have sold successfully in all countries that carry the iPhone and iPod touch. The key to Niles Technology Group's success is specificity. Each app is specific to the writing task at hand. Michael A. Niles, the founder, was formerly, for eight years, the President and CEO of The Right Education, Inc. (TRE), a web-based educational technology company that developed The Learning Accelerator. He looks forward to continuing to bring top-line education products to the mobile computing marketplace. Copyright © 2009 Niles Technology Group. All Rights Res

erved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.

###

Michael Niles

President & CEO

ntg ( -at -) essaywritingwizard.com

Appency for Niles Technology Group

Aaron Watkins

aaron ( -at -) appency.com