Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CUViper

DirectX hassle

Hey guys.... my boss asked me to help him with this one, and I can't figure it out for the life of me....

He just bought an Asus v7700 Deluxe, and we can't Direct3D or DirectDraw working on it. OpenGL works fine on it, but in dxdiag it says that Direct3D and DirectDraw are unsupported. I have tried quite a few different drivers (latest from asus, as well as nvidia reference 6.50, 7.52, and 10.80) with no change. I also updated him to DirectX 8a, which also didn't help anything. He formatted and installed 2k fresh after he put the card in, so please don't just tell me to re-install. Any ideas?

Try to disable the NetMeeting-Remote-Desktop-Sharing in the Windows Services (sorry, don't know the exact name, because I'm not using an English version).

Kevin

Thanks for the idea, but that service was not started on his computer.... it wasn't completely disabled, but it is set to manual, and isn't being started indirectly by another service. Any other ideas?

I ran into this very same problem this weekend. It turns out Netmeeting was the culprit and I never used Remote Desktop Sharing. Apparently, according to microsoft, even incorrectly shutting down Netmeeting 3.01 can result in this behavior.

I fired up Netmeeting and turned on Remote Desktop Sharing, hit Apply and then turned it off. This fixed my problem.

Just an update in case someone else ever has this problem - doing as Spawn suggested did indeed fix the problem. It's weird, since netmeeting had never been used on that system before, but regardless, it works now...