Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vechlor

QuickCamPro 3000 + USB = No 640x480?

I just bought a new Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000, I updated to the latest software for 2000 support, and when I ran the QuickCam software to record at 640x480, all I get is a gray box with no picture. I called Logitech and tried to find out the problem, one tech said that I needed to install the latest USB filter for my VIA chipset, but that didn’t seem to help. I called again and another tech said that some USBs don’t work well with their cam and suggested buying a PCI USB adapter, which I had one on hand and tried it but still nothing. I’m not sure, but I think its either VIA’s USB or Logitech’s software that is causing the problem, or could it be 2000 some how? Every aspect of my cam works great, but I can’t use a high resolution of 640x480 at 30FPS, does this take too much USB bandwidth or power or is there something flaky with USB?

Forgot to add my specs:

Asus A7V MB

256MB PC133

30GB HD

SB Live! 5.1

Win2K

[This message has been edited by Vechlor (edited 14 March 2001).]

Never mind smile

I formated my HD and that fixed all my probs.

BTW: DON'T INSTALL SP1 for W2K, IT SUCKS!

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vechlor:
BTW: DON'T INSTALL SP1 for W2K, IT SUCKS!</font>

I am now convinced that the problems I run into upon any unsuccessful attempt to install or troubleshoot a piece of software or hardware, is because "it sucks."

In fact, upon reflection, I now see that most of the world's problems today can be squarely blamed on, "it sucks."

The fall of the roman empire, the collapse of the third reich, and the decline of western civilization. Why? Because "it sucks."

Rape of the rain forest, starvation in northern africa, oil spills off the coast of Alaska, and Bill Gates' mansion is way too small. The reason: "It sucks."

But I have a solution to all of this INSANITY!...

Format the World; I wanna get off. laugh

DC

------------------
"Being married to a programmer is like owning a cat. You talk to it but you're never really sure it hears you, much less comprehends what you say." -DeadCats, 1999
"Talking to DeadCats is like talking to a dead cat." -MrsDeadCats, 2001