Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
charvel

Force Feedback 2 Joy Stick

Windows see's the joystick and it works but when i go to test/check out the force feed it doesn't work. I have all the updates for the via chipset using a usb port. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------

i break **** .

oh ya forgot to mention that its the newest microsoft precsion 2 force feed back joystick.

my specs......

------------------

Soyo 7VCA2

PIII 800

WD 30 gig 7200

WD 6.4 gig 5400

ATI 64 meg DDR

Hercules Game Theater

Creative 12X DVD

HP 8110i CDRW

Remove, if installed, Sidewinder software 3.02. It does not work in Windows 2000.

The Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 should appear twice in Device manager under Human Interface Devices (for USB and Hid driver).

I discovered that it was best to install it after all other USB devices in the following order: Intellimouse, Logitech Wingman, Strategic Comander and last Ms FF2 joystick.

Do not plug it in USB socket until after the software installation and when required to only at the moment of hardware detection.

If it does not work, uninstal and reinstal. There is really nothing else to do and Microsoft offers only this solution but it is truly effective.

had the same problem, but never could figure out what it was. neither could the microsoft support team.

i figured it was either dx8 or sp1 that messed things up.

my solution sucked but it was effective. i reinstalled w2k. (thank god for cd burners)

i installed sp1 but not dx8.

the joystick works perfectly...

someday i'll install dx8 and see what happens