Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

Looking for a monitor

Any idea where I can find a 17" 1600x1200max multi-refresh rate flat screen monitor?

I'm looking at a viewsonic right now...but if anyone has any ideas..let me know

Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410 (Just like I've got infront of me at the moment) will meet your requirements.

I really do rate Iiyama monitors, great to look at, really flat clear screen and great support should you need it.

[This message has been edited by BladeRunner (edited 06 February 2001).]

I think I'm getting a UltraScan 1000HS from dell. It has the Trinitron tube, is flat panel..yada yada yada

and, It looks like I may be getting it for under 200 too.

As long as the AG grid support lines don't bother you (the 2 lines running from side to side across the screen) then get the Sony. Very bright, clear image.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

what lines???

where are these lines located???

tell me quick, and I'll cancel the order!

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 06 February 2001).]

The KDS AV-7TF is a really nice 17" flat screen monitor. It uses Sony Trinitron technology. And it's only $199.98 at Sam's Club. You'll normally find it for around $269 or so in most retail locations.

If you sat in front of one and didn't see them, you'll never notice. I have used Trinitron AG monitors for the last 2 years and the lines don't bother me at all.

wink

------------------

Regards,

clutch

the way trinitrons work well I thought this is the way the larger ones worked but I guess it carries to the 17inch monitors as well.

Like my 21 inch diamondtron monitor (same as triniton) to get the crisp bright HI quality image they use 3 firing tubes instead of 1. In the areas that the different firing tubes connect the image is a very fine line. Iv had this 21 incher for a month or 2 now and I dont even notice the lines unless I specifically look for it.

17" monitors and above have the two lines.

On the Iiyama in front of me fist is situated about 4" from the top.

Second is about 4" from the bottom.

Very fine lines, dark grey in colour that are about 1/2 - 1 pixel deep.

Only really show themselves on a white background and then only if your not used to seeing them.

15" trinitron/diamondtron screens just have the 1 line, about 2/3 of the way down the screen.

Don't worry to much INFERNO2000. EVERY flat monitor (not the LCD) has 2 thin lines across. One 1/4 way other 3/4 way. You can only see them on a white background and after 1 week you will never notice them again smile I'm speaking from experience here laugh

ok.

just another hour till ebay says it's mine

and I get a 1 year warranty on it, so I've no reason to be worried

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

I have Sony 17" monitor and it has 2 really really really thin lines. But I don't even notice them most of the time until I look hard for it.

well, I got it

190 after shipping.

I've used trinitron monitors before, I never noticed it

this 1 has a miscolored pixel.

------------------

I think Trinitron/Diamondtron screens can have up to 5 dead or mis-coloured pixels before they are classed as throw away.

Just one pixel out isn't too bad at all.

no, this is my normal CRT monitor...

I don't know about the trinitron I'm getting...but if there are bad pixels, I'll return it.

I saw a Trinitron today, and looked for the lines. I saw them immediately on the white screen, but I honestly don't think I'll be too worried about it...I'll learn to ignore it pretty quickly

[This message has been edited by INFERNO2000 (edited 07 February 2001).]

Like I said, don't worry about the lines. They are only on Aperture Grill tubes (from Sony or Mitsubishi). The main difference between the AG units and other models is the AG mesh that is used. CRTs have used a "shadow mask" method for lining up the pixels on the monitor, whereas the AG units have a fine threaded mesh that runs from top to bottom. The 2 thin lines across the monitor hold the mesh in position. The mesh allows for a brighter monitor without the fuzzy "bleedover" of image from one pixel to the other. Hence, the sharp text that is somewhat uniform at any point of the monitor. The lines are smaller if the dot pitch is smaller, so older 17" and 15" units will be more pronounced than the current ones ranging from .22 to .25 depending on the model.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

clutch is right the ag or fd trinitron has always had it.

it has to do with the way sony makes it's tubes. been like that for years. i always have sony trinitron... just switched to this monster 21 incher. (i think it's cooking my face)

btw sony does make a trinitron monitor (seemless) but they arent available to joes like u and me, but if u buy a silicon graphics workstation u can get one.

smile

Give Hitachi a try! I have a Hitachi CM772ET. Though it's a 19" CRT, I beleive they have smaller models. And their dot pitch is the smallest I know (0.21 mm).

Also, it's FLAT tube.

oh! By the way....

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Any idea where I can find a 17" 1600x1200max multi-refresh rate flat screen monitor?

I'm looking at a viewsonic right now...but if anyone has any ideas..let me know</font>

Don't ever try 1600x1200 in a 17" monitor. You will not be able to see anything. In my 19" Monitor, I'm using 1280X1024 @100hz, and that's enought for me.

[This message has been edited by Son_Gohan (edited 09 February 2001).]

I found the monitor and bought it

I know how small 1600x1200 is on a monitor, it doesnt bother me

I just look at icons anyway, not the text.

------------------

just thought I'd end this post properly.

Got it. Plugged it in. Played around. Fell in love.

I love Trinitron smile

the lines? who cares.

that little multimode button over on the left is really nice, brightens up my CS so I can see that bastard CT at the end of the sewer when the lights are out smile

------------------

How is a flat-screen flat panel monitor? Not gonna be used for games that much, just for basic internet/music.

------------------

Not Finished Yet ETA 3/18/01

1 ghz Thunderbird

Abit KT7A-Raid

128 MB Crucial PC133 CL=2 7.5 NS

Pioneer 16x DVD

Plextor 12x/10x/32x CD-RW

Soundblaster Platinum 5.1

to me, the pictures are a lot clearer, and the thing is just easier on my eyes in general.

My old monitor had a problem of glare, and this monitor fixed that problem

This is a fullfledged CRT monitor, it's not an LCD display....

Also, these monitors seem brighter in general..