Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bursar

SB Live Platinum for bargain price...

I've seen the SB Live Platinum 5.1 Retail at most websites for about £123 UK.

However, one site has it for £58 inc VAT.

Now I reckon this is a bargain, and I want to order it before they realise and put the price up.

Before I order it though, I'm curious if it was made available in different flavours and that I might be getting a cut down card with out all the goodies for this price.

Can anyone confirm if the card was/is sold as a more value oriented package?

no.... the value packages are the xgamer and the mp3+ (do they still make the 'value' version?).... platinum was and still is the high end card.

Please do tell where you saw them at that price!

I had a feeling that was the case. Needless to say, I placed my order last night!

These price comparisons are just for the card. VAT, delivery or other charges have not been included.

Insight - £130.99

Simply - £124

Dabs - £123

Buy.Com - £122.57

www.cclcomputers.co.uk - £118.68

Damn, they've put their prices up. Lets hope they honour the price for me. If they try and charge me £118.68 + VAT for it, they can sod off. I wouldn't have bought it at that price.

Honestly though, the webite told me a total cost of about £65 inc VAT and delivery, and I got an automated reply back stating they had received my order. This should be interesting.

It's unlikely you will get it at the lower price.

What needs to be remembered is with all companies 'Prices are subject to change without prior notification'

Also, just because something was wrongly priced doesn't force a company to sell at the lower price.

Argos recently had the same thing on their web site where £400 TV's had been priced at £150, they simply didn't honour the lower price.

All a price is is 'An invitation to make an offer of that price for that product'

The company in question doesn't have to accept your offer, however in most cases they do and they then proceed to sell you the item.

Will be interesting.

I know they're not required to honour the wrong price, and I remember the Argos thing too.

I don't have the auto reply handy, but it basically says something along the lines of

'This is an automated reply, your order details are as follows, we will check it, and send a second confirmation email when we ship the product.'

This kind of implies that they can pretty much do what they want. I don't have a problem with that, providing they don't charge me the full whack without telling me.

If they do, then they can have the card back, and I'll have a full refund. If they don't like it, they can take it up with the credit card company!

Ya never know though, I might just get away with it!

Damn, busted!

They noticed the price was wrong, and want me to pay full whack. Not likely, so I've cancelled the order.

Guess I'll just have to live with my Live Value for a bit longer.

Muhahahahahahahaha!!

They hadn't noticed until I called them and pointed it out to them!!

Only joking, bad luck.

I paid $150US for my SB Platinum 5.1.

------------------

Not Finished Yet ETA 3/18/01

1 ghz Thunderbird

Abit KT7A-Raid

128 MB Crucial PC133 CL=2 7.5 NS

Pioneer 16x DVD

Plextor 12x/10x/32x CD-RW

Soundblaster Platinum 5.1

Hey People,

we get the Platinum Live 5.1 here for 500 Dutch gulden and the retail version for 200,-- dutch gulden (from germany).

if someone is interested ... I dont know about the transportation costs, but I guess the prices could be interested.