Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scifimyth

Strange Mouse Issues

I have been running a MS intellimouse optical on USB for about 6 months now. It has recently been acting up and I just discovered that it is a loose connection near where the mouse and the cord connection. I have tried to install a new mouse (serial) and it never works. I have tried changing the cables in the computer, the mouse, the drivers, and anything else that I can do. If I only plug in the serial mouse, I get no cursor and can not detect the mouse at all. If the USB mouse is hooked up, it works but not the other mouse. Can anybody explain what to do in this situation?

Thanks in advance

Chris

My system:

K6-III 400

ASUS T2P4

2 Maxtor Diamondmax drives (8.4 and 13.6)

ASUS CDS400

HP8100 (soon to be a AOpen 12/10/32)

96mb EDO Ram

Diamond Monster FUsion PCI

SBLive Value

GVC 33.6 internal modem

3Com 3C905-b NIC

Just an update to the last post. I have since tried to get a PS2 port working and had the same level of success. If anybody can suggest anything to help, I am open to suggestions. I have used two different MS drivers, one Memorex, and a Logitech driver. I have also used 3 different mice types (generic, memorex, and MS) with each driver. Only the usb connector for the Intellimouse works.

One thing that you might check. My Supermicro P6DBE has an option in the BIOS to enable PS2 mouse. I know that if it is not enabled I get no mouse if it is on the PS2 port. My USB mouse would work though even if it was disabled.

Ed

------------------

Supermicro P6DBE Dual PIII 600 @800 Voodoo5 5500 ,Promise Fasttrak66 IDE Raid, SBLive

check your bios, usually there is an option which reads something like:

reserve irq for usb

or something like that, you may have to choose <no> to make a ps2 port available.Good luck!

You said you have been using the MS mouse for 6 months. They come with 5 year warrantees. The same thing happened to me with the faulty cord. Call MS at 1-800-370-9255. Follow the voice prompts. Tell the guy your problem and a replacement mouse will be at your door in 3 days. It takes a bit of patience to finally talk to someone but all you gotta do is give him your number off the bottom of the mouse and MS sends you a new one.