Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kingtrey

thanks for deleting my F-ing post

To Whomever This May Concern:

i don't appreciate my post being deleted. all i was doing was asking GeForce 2 users if they had tried out DirectX 8.0a and my post gets deleted? i'd like an explanation please.

It was moved to "Games", as was mine. Strange, as I thought it would have more to do with hardware (hardware/driver compatabilty with DX8) than with games.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

ok thats cool, i wasn't trying to be hostile, i was just wondering if i had done something to merit having my post removed or something. thanks for letting me know!

DX is gameing API not a Hardware API

You don't need DX to run any video card under Win95 thur Win20000 OS.

Isn't DX required for Media Player? DX updates are required for some versions of video drivers, and I use those same drivers for Solidworks, eDrawings, and other 3D applications. It's an API for talking to hardware, therefore the reason for the post location.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

You thinking DirectDraw no it not need,

Only newer Media Player dose 6.0 up is useing Directshow, Directsound & well know Video Overlay for thing like DVD, MPEG, AVI & some other moive format this better know VGA mode all video for the last 10yrs support this.

So DirectShow and DirectSound don't fall under DirectX? I was checking the DirectX site, and it does seem geared to gaming, however it does call it a "multimedia API" and essentially a HAL. In addition, I found this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/win98/Reskit/Part6/wrkc30.asp

Which seems to list DirectX as more than a gaming API. If you guys want DX posts in gaming, that's cool. I am just telling why I don't understand it.

------------------

Regards,

clutch