Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FakeMcCoy

New KT133A and 266 bus...

If the KT133A boards coming out support the 266MHz bus, does that require a special cpu that uses it, or would any Socket A do the job? Is the 200/266 deal a motherboard-only issue?

I'm about to build a system with the KT133A, and I'm unsure if I need a special proc. or not.

Any Duron/Tbird will do fine! in fact once you unlock your cpu you can run the bastard at 266FSB ..I have mines chugging long at 278FSB ..its a Duron650@896 just got it today so I gotta burn the system in.. what I think is that the new 266FSB cpus will just be clocked lower so they can reach a higher FSB ..like if AMD hasnt noticed how easy it is for us to unlock these babies! smile

seems im stable a 896 grrr but I can play quake3 and everything fine at 910 ..just 3dmark is the only thing that fuzzes

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

new system starting 1/24/01----

Abit KT7A-R,Duron650@? 128PC150,DeskStar 20gb, GeForce2GTS,SBLive X-gamer, Acer 10x8x32

It seems I was a little unclear. I am not an OC'er, and all I'm interested in knowing is if the cpu also has to support the 266 bus.

But if I'm getting this, the new cpu needs to support it, correct?

any cpu can work with this new mobo, its backward compatible, nothing is especifically made for it, just the new cpu's coming out take better advantage of it! that's all smile

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

new system starting 1/24/01----

Abit KT7A-R,Duron650@? 128PC150,DeskStar 20gb, GeForce2GTS,SBLive X-gamer, Acer 10x8x32