Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gluev

gforce don't work in direct 3d mode with w2k

Somebody dit meet the same probleme, now every applications in direct 3d don't work, for exemple, MIDTOWN MADNESS 2 dont detect my 3D hardware peripherique... I try to reinstall NVIDIA 6.31 and 6.34 etc.... and i don't work....i installed DIRECT X 8 but nothing better...Another thing, icons in my desktop are in 256 colors mode (the fonction show icon with max color is on) and i am in 32 BIT COLOR mode...

------------------

GLUEV PRODUCTIONS

www.chez.com/gluev

Right...Many people have trouble with midtown madness 2 in both win2k and 98

this is because its a buggy piece of microsoft mess. there should be a patch on the microsoft website to sort your problems, if not, try the 7.17-2 drivers, they've worked a treat for me (tho they make my machine reset when i go to the video colour panel :))

Spuddeh is right, best driver right now for W2K is 7.17 and DX8, I had no problem with it except the overlay in control panel as Spuddeh mentioned, just don't adjust anything in the overlay section and you are alright, but you don't have to anyway.

I don't know if i had this problem before installing MIDTOWN, i discovered the probleme when i try to play with midtown.

Yes i used to use NETMEETING....

But a friend had the same probleme this week end too....bizarre...no?

To resolve i formated and reinstalled WINDOWS 2 K, but my friend resolved the probleme by reinstalled WINDOWS on WINDOWS...

Now, i would like to understand what happened to make it never coming...

So if people met the problem , writte here

SORRY FOR MY FRENCH BAD ENGLISH

------------------

GLUEV PRODUCTIONS

www.chez.com/gluev

well I had the problem of no d3d acceleration after netmeeting crashed. Turns out if netmeeting doesn't shut down properly then d3d stays disabled. I didn't notice it for about two weeks when I tried to run some benchmarks. then I started to notice that the icons were not looking correctly and none of my other games would run either. Found out about it on MS knowledge database. Solution just restart netmeeting and close it down normally. This might not have been your problem necessarily but it sure does sound familiar.

Yes, you should be right

Thank YOU VERY MUCH

I think this tips will help a lot of people

THANK YOU AGAIN

------------------

GLUEV PRODUCTIONS

www.chez.com/gluev

Now someone here is saying the 7.17 drivers are better - what about the WHQL certified 6.62 drivers??? In answer to my post about these two, the one person said that the 6.62 were faster and more stable.