Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
APV_SAV

Which NIC can share IRQ with SBLIVE?

all of my network cards I've used work properly with my SBLive!

Dlink 530TX+

Netgear FA311

Trendware TE100-S4PCI

all of them have had no problems when installed on my computer

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

Thanks, but are they sharing IRQ with sblive?

Since I only has one PCI slot left and it is sharing IRQ with sblive, I tried 3COM 3C900B-TPO and 3COM 3C905B, both will hang after windows detected new hardware. Since my lan party has recently upgraded to 10/100, looking for a 10/100 NIC that can share irq with sblive, please kindly confirm, TIA

maybe you should try moving your other cards around so that something else is in that last slot... i think your problem is not sharing IRQ's, but that often the last PCI slot is incapable of bus-mastering, which is required by most (all?) NICs

3COM 3C905C-TX 10/100 seems to do it fine on my work PC. I have an Intel Pro/100 Management adapter at home that does it too. Both sharing IRQ9 with the SBLive.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

You may be right CUviper, I checked all my cards under W98 with PCIlist, all cards were bus master except the Acer ALN-201 NIC I borrowed from a friend and it is working nicely at the last slot sharing irq with SBLIVE, the thing is the ALN-201 is not a 10/100 card.

BTW I tried moving everything around it seems only the ATI TV wonder will sit at last slot but after that I have no video only sound.