Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
INFERNO2000

KT133 and Windows2000

I'm still debating on whether or not to to an abit KT7a-RAID....

I would like to know if the problems with VIA, 2000, AGP, and nvidia have been fixed yet.

I have a GeForce256DDR, SBLive, and plan on using 2000. Those are the problematic ones...

and from what people hve seen and experienced...are the sparratic freezes fixed?

------------------

My PC is warm. I think our fire wall is acting up.

Bro.. like I mentioned before im in the exact boat as you are!! by monday I should be up and running with my new system, and I'll know if the problems are still there, if you want to wait until then I can definitely tell you because I felt as if the only person having these problems and just got very sick of it all..

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

P3600EB,TyanTiger133, PC150cas2(128mb), WD 20gb, sblivex-gamer, geforce2 gts

but it's so hard waiting :P

actually...I need the time to sell the P3 if I choose to go that route...

but Palomino coming out, 760MP, etc...

it's just not a good time to have money and desires for upgrading

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by INFERNO2000:
but it's so hard waiting :P

actually...I need the time to sell the P3 if I choose to go that route...

but Palomino coming out, 760MP, etc...

it's just not a good time to have money and desires for upgrading
</font>

well, I need to upgrade badly, cant stand that via issue, so this is the best route to take, also DDR ram is too expensive right now and not offering a HUGE performance gain that I would dish out $ for, so maybe later this year I would upgrade again, but with my trusty KT7A-R and a 266cpu the difference aint much, and im sure as hell gonna be benching it like a mofo, cuz my 600EB got dusted by a duron :P

ok, i've recently ugrade my system to a althon 1ghz with kt133 mainboard(msi k7tpro2A) and will use win2k as i have been use with my old system, because it is so much better compare to win 9x. so far i am still fixing the problems on slow booting time(should be alright since i saw the SB live slows the boot time and i do have 1, but not usre why this doesn't happen to me before)

with winme my system is ROCKING, things are pretty stable and i am pretty happy with its performance and costs. but 1 problem i got is sometimes the mouse just stop responding and i have to reboot few times to get it work, but i think this is most likely to be software problems since i almost got the same hardware setup as my friends(same cpu, motherboard) and he does not has a problems at all, so i think going ahead and upgrade your system is fine!!! and it is not wrong time to upgrade your system, since amd cpu are now so cheap, but it depends on what u think