Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TomAL

KT7-raid or AV7

should i get an abit kt7-raid or the asus a7v which is more stable, which is a better performer and which is more compatible. I have a creative Dxr3, SB Live, Hauppauge WinTv card, Creative TNT2U. I did have a kt7-raid but it locked up every so often so i sent it back and am wondering if i should get another or the asus. Many thanks in advance.

tom

go with the asus AV7, it is a very stable card, you have clearly pointed out everything smile although I know many people with KT7-R and hardly any of them complain much about it, everyone regards it as a great mobo, in fact im waiting for the KT7a-R to which over to an AMD system for my first time ever smile (born intel fan) when you get the Av7 get those bios drivers that just came out!

------------------

win2kbox.cjb.net

P3 500 o/c 560,abit bxr2.01 128mb ram, adaptec u2w, u2w 18gig, u2fast dvdram, ide cdrw, ls120, voodoo3 3000, vortex2, hollywood plus

You definately need to get the A7v, but wait to get the A7V133(usesKT133A).I origanily had

the KT7-Raid, and had to return it for conflict problems a few days later. Since having the A7V evrything has been incredibly

stable. Just make sure you flash to the most recent bios and most current VIA and Promise drivers. I promise you will be happy.

thanks for your replys, i will go for the a7v and as buffdaddy110 sugested go for the a7v133 but do you know if you can run a standard 100 fsb proc in it. Thanks Once again.

Tom

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TomAL:
thanks for your replys, i will go for the a7v and as buffdaddy110 sugested go for the a7v133 but do you know if you can run a standard 100 fsb proc in it. Thanks Once again.

Tom
</font>

yes you can use the 100 FSB processors, although the Abit KT7A is just as stable if not the same as the asus board, Buffdaddy might have had a bad board.. who knows..