Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
braxin

arrrghh! ata66 hpt366 underw2k

help,i,m trying to get my ata66 drive running under w2k,ive setup with the setup floppys,put the driber in etc,done the same with boot from cd setup too,every thing go well until the last reboot then i get the w2k blue screen,this is my 4th install today,i,ve got ot running on the ata33 at the moment,useing a bp6 mobo 128mb ram,nothing special,anyone know ho to handle this? i had the same prob with nt4 for a while but got around it by doing f6,but that dont work on win2k,well it dos but ,not at the the final reboot,thx

hi thx,i tryed that but still no luck i must have been doing some thing wrong,i ended up gettin the 1251 htp366 driverupdate from the abit site for the bp6 under win2k and doing a fresh install,and this time i got it to install no probs,useing win2k server,however i still had probs from time to time when win2k rebooted it would hang and during defrag would hang,but i think that was my fault,i prb botched a file somewhere with all my messing around,other than that thing went well games ran well etc,prob with sp1 and 2 it would run even betta,seems the hpt366 drivers for win2k frm the hpt site are not the ones to use,the abit ones work though,i ened up takeing win2k i,lll try it again later maybe i had a boot sector virus,maybe the drivers still have probs

------------------

braxanna

i use the standard hotrod drivers from the web sit the only thing is when i install windows i have to put the hdd on my mb ide instead of through the hotrod

then i change it over but it only works if u put it in the secondary port (dont ask me why it just does)

oh and sp2?? correct me if im wrong but there is no sp2

If your talking about Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 then yes there is one. It's currently in beta testing. It works fine here. wink